Tools for nurses
RxVigilance gives you on-demand access to critical professional information. Your time is valuable, so being able to quickly access information is important. What’s more, there are countless information sheets in RxVigilance ready to be handed out to your patients.
- Drug class, side effects and monitoring required with certain medications
- Professional documentation
- Calculation tools such as converting doses into volume and infusion rates
Search for and compare dressings
Quick access to a professional calculation module
RxVigilance Mobile for nurses on-the-go
Application to verify drug coverage across Canada
RxVigilance for nurses
RxVigilance is a must-have decision support tool for health professionals. It is the gateway to a wide range of work tools and a wealth of information for professionals and patients.
- Includes an antibiotic therapy and pediatric dosing guide.
- Presents therapeutic indications in each monograph.
- Provides access to a list of relevant medications based on a diagnosis.
- Enables users to analyze a patient’s pharmacological profile before issuing a prescription.
Among the modules available in RxVigilance
Information and coverage
Detailed information on drug products available across Canada, and coverage by province.
Reasons and criteria for claims
Find everything you need on prescription drug coverage, as well as claim forms, including reasons and criteria, all in one place.
- Rapid visual identification
- Coverage by province
- Reasons and criteria for claim
A variety of claim forms are available based on claim criteria and reasons.Module Details
From simple calculations to more complex pharmacokinetic calculations, more than twenty calculations, used on a day-to-day basis, along with their index, are available in RxVigilance.
- Infusion rate
- Fluid replacement
- Dosage conversions
Simplify the task of having to calculate doses based on indication, age, and weight with the pediatric dosages module.
This module provides weight-based dosing for commonly used pediatric medications. Users can also obtain quantities required for complete treatment based on a selected dose.More information
There are more than 1500 product monographs available in RxVigilance. Each one is available across all digital platforms, and provides all the information health professionals require as part of their everyday practice.
- Notice and warning
- Side effects
- Indications and dosages
Dynamic tool used to search for a specific product in order to take a closer look at its characteristics, and for a quick and easy comparison of two different dressings.
- Dressing comparison by criteria
- Search for comparable dressings
- Direct access to the dressings table
For nurses, RxVigilance represents are treasure trove of patient information sheets. The RxInformationSheets module enables users to make changes to the information in the medication information sheets and dosing schedules. Our auxiliary information sheets include useful illustrations for patients.
- Disease fact sheets
- Drug information sheets
- Auxiliary sheets
- Travel-related information
- …and many more