Vigilance pays attention to the protection of your personal information. The purpose of this policy is to establish and describe Vigilance's obligations with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as how you can access and correct the personal information you have communicated to us. It is also intended to set out the terms and conditions relating to data processing, holding, retention, management and protection by Vigilance.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding patient personal information, we refer you to the General Conditions of Use of Information Assets.
We have security measures in place to ensure the protection of your personal information. We are committed to the following measures:
- implement security safeguards to protect the personal information we collect, use, disclose, retain, hold or destroy;
- implement the physical, administrative and technological measures necessary to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining direct or indirect access to personal information;
- ensure that only our employees, agents and contractors who have the authority to consult personal information have access to it and that they consult only the personal information necessary for the performance of their duties;
- ensure that our employees, agents and contractors who have access to personal information are subject to confidentiality undertakings and guidelines with sanctions in the event of a breach of their obligation of confidentiality.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect only the personal information about you that is necessary to establish, manage and maintain our relationship with you in order to provide you with the best possible service.
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect the following personal information about you:
- Name and language of correspondence
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Website, Services or Platform usage data and browsing history
- Any requests you may make to us (for processing and archiving purposes).
Use of Navigation Software
During your use of our website, the Services or the Platform, we may use a feature of browser software called “cookies” to collect information anonymously and establish your profile as a user of the Services. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that identifies the browser - not the user - to our computers each time you visit our website or use our Platform.
Your use of our website, the Services or the Platform allows us to automatically compile certain information about your user profile. We use this information to tailor our website, Services and Platform to suit your preferences and to compile statistics about the use and consultation of our website, Services and Platform in order to improve them.
Purposes for the Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Managing, planning and improving the Services
- Measuring the use of the Platform, including the use of specific features
- Developing and improving the Platform and Services based on your research, use and the options you choose
- Identifying and correcting defects in the Platform
- Responding to your emails and technical support requests, and
- The communication to the Client of information relating to changes and improvements to the Services.
Your personal information will not be used for purposes other than those listed above unless we have obtained your consent or if required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We recognize that, except in the cases and subject to the conditions described below, the disclosure of your personal information to a third party requires your consent. However, we may, without your consent, disclose your personal information where permitted or required by law.
Whenever we need to disclose your personal information, we will endeavour not to disclose more information than is required in the circumstances.
Please note that if a third party to whom we transfer personal information about you is operating in a foreign jurisdiction, local law may permit third parties to otherwise access your personal information without your consent
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, to meet legal retention requirements and for as long as necessary to protect our legitimate business interests
Right of Access, Rectification and Withdrawal
If you have provided us with personal information, you have the right to consult this personal information we hold, to obtain a copy of it or to request the correction of inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal information or information collected in contravention of the law. To do so, a written request justifying the identity of the requester must be addressed to Vigilance's Access to Information Officer and transmitted in one of the following ways:
- Via email: email@example.com
- Via regular mail or in person: 440, Notre-Dame, Suite 202, Repentigny, Quebec J6A 2T4
Right to Withdraw Consent to Collection
You may withdraw your consent to the collection and retention of your personal information or to be contacted by Vigilance at any time by sending an email notice to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, using the expression “Withdrawal of Consent” in the subject line of the email.
Updating the Policy
This Policy was updated on May 29th, 2020